25 August 2014

The Aridáni Legion of Lady Mríssa, part 2

It is still a little warm in my hobby corner, but that did not stop me from doing a little something:



The first set of Lady Mríssa's legion has been cleaned up and ready for primer.  This is the command element, led by Lady Mríssa herself (in the large headdress).  An officer, musician, standard bearer, and one trooper round out the element.  I think that I will try using black gesso as primer on these miniatures - it seems to be working well for the Aztecs.

In the pic above, Lady Mríssa's troops are posed next to my archers from the First Legion of Ever Present Glory.  Both represent one element, but there are differing amount of miniatures used.  Lady Mríssa's legion is rated as medium infantry, while the archers are still rated as heavy infantry.  For my purposes, heavy infantry will have six miniatures per element, while medium infantry will have five.  It is a satisfying mnemonic for me - just glance at the element and know what it is without looking at the rules or a roster.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment