23 May 2017

SCW tanks, part 2

Well now, a line has been drawn in the sand...  Over at his fine blog  20mm and then some, Gunbird has declared a month of kit building, aiming for a kit a day until June 21.  And, I wandered into his trap!  Now, getting 30 kits done in a month seems to be out of reach for me, but it is a nice dose of impetus to finally get myself into gear after the recent slump.

Right off the bat, I worked on that first 1/72 Minairons FT-17 that was half-finished so long ago:



Here it is now, with some weathering and track detail.  The tracks are not yet finished, with some more rust to be added.  The weathering was an experiment using Golden High-Flow acrylics.  The paints are just fine, but I mixed them with an airbrush extender that was glossy (and sticky even after more than 24 hrs).  I expect that the little guy will look much better after some dull coat.

One last test fit:


It is not quite finished - the exhaust needs some work, and I want to add some slogans to the hull or turret.  Those should have been painted on before weathering (decals also), but it is a learning curve and it will be all right in the end.



And moving along:



Two more FT-17's have been started.  Actual time for completion - might be some time as I have some ideas that I want to try with the turrets, but the hull will make progress.


.

6 comments:

  1. Отличная техника. Ждем конечного результата!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrei. I was surprised to see how nice it looks in the above pics - the tank did not look that good while painting!

      Delete
  2. Do like those pre/early war AFV's... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - the pre-WW2 tank designs are much more interesting in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Build thirty kits in thirty days? Is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not capable of it, certainly, but Gunbird might ...

      Delete