30 May 2015

Table, and Mesoamerican sources part 1

To start off, here is a pic of the table's current state:


It is a bit of a mess at the moment.  That will be corrected, maybe even this week-end!


I have been going through the various bits of printed source and gaming material that I possess with regards to the Mesoamerican project.  Some of them are listed amongst my books here.  After some digging, and one new purchase, I have some more:


This is my most recent purchase.  I have yet to dig into it, but the theme is intriguing, as it was the use of allied natives that was the key to the success of the conquistadors in their battles against the Aztecs and other peoples.


And now, for some older material:


One of the handful of issues of Wargames Illustrated that I have kept around, this has the first part of a campaign for conquistadors in the New World.


The big problem is that I do not have a copy of the issue that contains the 2nd part of the series...  Still, it will be very handy as the miniatures finally get painted.


And another:


WI 170 has this article:


More gaming goodness, and I think that at least one of my WI back issues has the old Wargames Foundry catalog pages with pics of all of their Aztec line, with most if not all of them painted.


.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting sources and I hope you find part two of the mag.I am sure someone can scan it for you or send a photocopy...
    Alan

    ReplyDelete