25 November 2010

Ships, part 2

The first ram begins to take shape:


Step One: two pieces of 0.080" plastic sheet, cut into the rough dimensions of the two decks of VN Coryphaeus. The deck plans are just cleaned-up copies of the original artwork, as shown here.




Step Two: the hull takes shape, after a fair amount of cutting and sanding. I was doubting my choice of plastic sheet for the main components, just a little, as it is more difficult to work with than I previously thought. Once I get the technique down it should not be a problem though. I also trimmed off the rostrum from the bow; I will add this to the model later on.


I am not certain when I will be able to return to working on this ship as we are preparing to move and the workbench will be packed up soon.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move.

    Bet you find things you have forgotten about when you unpack :-)

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto re best wishes for move!
    I look forward to seeing the ship move forward...
    Are you enjoying Factotum? I have ground to a halt due to the intervention of real life!
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - hopefully the move goes well...

    Alan, I am about half-way through Factotum - very interesting so far!

    ReplyDelete