27 October 2019

Trojan War, part 4

A little more progress on this project:


Here is another comparison picture between various manufacturers of Trojan War figures, with a Victrix hoplite included for scale.

This project has been through the wringer in my mind for a long time.  My initial enthusiasm was tempered by the long delivery times for both my Redoubt and Foundry orders, with both companies taking about 12 weeks for delivery.  My Newline order did not take quite as long, however.  Plus, many iterations of rules ideas were considered.  I think that I am on the right course now, and the first unit will be primed soon.


.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have not settled for a particular set as much as a basing system. DBA-styled basing was ruled out mostly due to issues with the figures being unsuitable for those small bases. I intend to experiment with various sets including Neil Thomas' works.

      Delete
  2. I also have a Trojan War project waiting in the wings. I have Foundry, Newline, Black Tree Design, and Redoubt. All are quite compatible, I think.

    Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree that they fit in together very well.

      Delete