06 July 2014

Aztecs, part 2 + orcs?

Some small progress:

Aztec eagle suits, from Eureka.  For eagle suits, of all the different factions, I am going to stay with natural colors, i.e. browns of various sorts.  Some sources list eagle suits as being in the brighter colors, blue, red, etc. but I am choosing to ignore them!  Besides, there are plenty of brightly-hued suits in the armies...

Here is the start of the Huaxtec-style suits.  These suits will be brightly colored.  Also in the pic:  a pair of Old Glory orc archers!  On a whim, I started to work on their skin color, just as a change of pace, even though those conquistadors are patiently waiting...

Another little project:

Here are some examples of my attempt to organize my painting choices - file cards with details on units.  These are for my first Aztec suits; as I am not too particular about specific paint choices they are not listed here, but I can see that other units, my Tékumel and Half Continent units especially, will also list the specific brand and type of paint used.



  1. Very good idea on the painting file cards. I do this only occasionally since while painting I always think that remembering the colors used will be easy.

    I have lost count of the number of times I have had to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak.

    I should get into the habit of this...

  2. Thanks, Jon. The file box has been in front of me for a long time, and I thought that I should start using it finally...

  3. Oh, I missed these earlier. The sculpts look fantastic. I think I have one Eureka figures - a Sea Peoples musician. Nice range. Best, Dean

  4. oh.. using writing to keep records.. Brilliant.. I must learn to do that..

  5. Yes indeed!

    Thanks for all of the comments