09 April 2016

Boschenburg musketeers, part 4

There are times when I look back on a project and ask myself, 'What was I thinking?'

Well, I know what I was thinking when I mounted my Half Continent troops on ¾" washers - smaller footprint for the figures is good, and I can just make my own sabot bases.  That did not turn out as planned, so I am re-basing them onto 25mm MDF:


Here is the carnage so far.  Fortunately, no major damage has been done to the figures!  But, I have many more to go before the task is finished.

Luckily, many of the monsters were put onto 25mm bases at the start, and the grinnlings will keep their ¾" bases as I do not foresee them being grouped for mass battle...

3 comments:

  1. Rebasing can be a chore but worth it in the end.BTW had any further rule thoughts? I did wonder if Frostgrave might serve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there before! :) A relatively safe and expedient way for me is to use a pair of needle nose pliers or even a small pair of metal snips to hold the washer and than use a wide bladed Xacto knife (dulled) to pry off the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, gentlemen!

    Alan, rules always vex me. Frostgrave might work, but I do not have a copy. I still believe that the Song series will be good for small encounters, and the new Sharp Practice would work for the larger skirmishes that I hope to have in the future.

    Dean, that is just about how I do it - the needle-nose pliers are a good tip though!

    ReplyDelete