31 January 2010

Legion of Ever Present Glory, part 6

This project has been sitting on the back burner for some time now, but definitely not forgotten:


You might notice that I have changed the basing from 7/8" round to 1" square. I have done this for a few reasons - the square basing fits in better with the square bases of my Warlord minis for skirmishing, and they will rank up much easier for mass battles (which I still want to do).

Here is another pic, with the command group added:


The first dozen or so of these minis are almost ready, they just need their bases finished and a clear-coat or three. But, of course, I am in the horns of a dilemma. The decision of what terrain style - temperate or arid - is going to decide what opponents I will procure for my Tsolyanu forces. I could go with a more arid climate, and use the excellent figures for the Yan Kor from Eureka, as seen here. I could use a temperate style, and then proxy some Mu'ugalavya minis while hoping and praying that The Tekumel Project will get to the Red Hats in the near future. Or, I could just pick something and not worry about Tekumeli 'canon' in regards to the terrain that these empires would fight over.


.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good, Greg. That's certailny a vivid blue - workes very well.

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work Greg. I'll be painting this Legion next with Tleku Miriya II.

    Donald~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sirs, you are both too kind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, seems like the Yan Kor are available straight up, so, unless you have a strong affinity for the Mu'ugs, YK seems the logical choice to start. I am personally leaning towards Mu'ugs as I hope to RPG in and around Butrus during the attempt at occupation. So, I can suppor this, as I am interested to see what you use for proxies..

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete